Back to List
Trends Impacting the Drawtape Bag Market
Be Prepared with Expert OEM Support
Trends continue to influence the drawstring trash bag market, including bans and regulations, sustainability requirements, and a growing consuming class in emerging global regions and markets. The recent pandemic has the world focused on hygiene and cleanliness, fueling the demand for trash bags. And consumers love the limited-touch, close-and carry convenience of the popular drawtape trash bag.
Understanding how garbage bags must adapt to the market is important. Having a technology-focused partner to support evolving customer and market needs is essential for future growth.
Growth in Biodegradable and Compostable Trash Bag Demand
Market drivers around sustainability continue to strengthen, and the emergence of commercially viable biodegradable and compostable raw materials will change the face of the ubiquitous trash bag.
- CMD has a dedicated Advanced Engineering Analytics laboratory with technicians and equipment capable of testing new materials. This allows you to try before you buy our equipment, or if you’re an existing customer, test on our lines and leave your equipment assets in production mode.
- Wide processing windows on CMD rotary bag machines allow for quality sealing on a range of film types and gauges including recycled-content and biodegradable film. CMD has partnered with materials suppliers in their development of sustainable bag film blends and also regularly tests new film blends.
Expanded Worldwide Growth
Trash bag demand is projected to increase in both the short and long term.1 In particular, demand for drawtape trash bags is projected to rise steeply.2
* Proven global leader in drawstring bag making systems and innovator of unique processing and product solutions for the drawtape bag market.
*CMD machines are well supported through worldwide service, readily available, quality parts and a partnership approach with your requirements in mind.
* Robust CMD machines can last for decades and are designed to grow/evolve in capabilities and performance through a program of technology and retrofits.
THE CMD GLOBAL DRAWTAPE SYSTEM WITH GLOBAL OVERLAP BAG WINDER
High-Output Drawtape Bags on Overlapped (interleaved) Banded Rolls
THIS LINE FEATURES
- CMD quality drawtape bags
- 600 fpm (183 mpm) production speeds
- Ability to switch between overlapped or perforation-connected bags on rolls
- Universal-handed winder design
- CE compliant
- Roll labeling option
- Web width: 4-12 inches(102-305mm)
- Up to 28 rolls/min unbanded
- Up to 20 rolls/min banded
Request Data Sheet
Upgrade Current Equipment
Machine Optimization Services